This recipe uses Nouvelle’s dried porcini mushrooms which really enhance the flavour of the dish.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
1 packet of Nouvelle dried porcini mushrooms
2 skinless, boneless free range chicken breasts
400g can of full fat coconut milk
1 thumb sized piece of ginger
2 red chilli’s
6 sugar snap peas
1 clove garlic
2 tsp fish sauce
juice of one lime
2 tbsp stock paste
2 stalks lemongrass
1 bunch fresh coriander
10g olive oil
WHAT TO DO:
1. Soak the mushrooms in water for 20 minutes to reconstitute them. Don’t throw away the water- you will use some for the stock.
2. Finely chop the garlic, chilli, onion and lemongrass and sauté in a heavy based pan with the olive oil for a few minutes until brown.
3. Add snap peas, coconut milk, fish sauce, mushrooms that you have soaked, stock paste water and also some of the liquid that you soaked the mushrooms to the pan and cook on a medium heat for 20 minutes.
4. At the same time, steam your chicken breasts for 20 minutes until cooked.
5. Once cooked, shred your chicken into the broth and sprinkle the remainder of the coriander on top.
Recipe and images © The Green Zucchini 2015.
Original recipe: www.thegreenzucchini.com/chicken-porcini-mushroom-broth